Thursday 14 January 2010

LIP TREATMENTS

To avoid dry lips in winter time I drink a lot of water, it's essential! But here and now I can also share two off my favorite products at the moment.

First out is Australian Lucas Papaw Ointment, made of natural papaw tree ( Carica Papaya). Botanist T.P. Lucas stated after years of research in his 1906 handbook that the papaw was the finest antiseptic yet discovered.
It works on most things from dry skin, burned skin, mosquito bites and so one, sort off like Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream, but much better.

Second on is Vaseline with rose and almond oil. It does contain petroleum jelly, which in my "organic" books is bad. I did some reading from Wikipedia, which says..

"The raw material for petroleum jelly was discovered in 1859 in Titusville, Pennsylvania, United States, on some of the country's first oil rigs. Workers disliked the paraffin-like material forming on
rigs because it caused them to malfunction, but they used it on cuts and burns because it hastened healing."

I know some people claim it dries your skin out but I haven't use it that much and I like it, its a lovely smelling lip balm with a nice hint of color, and it is so much cheaper to buy than a similar product at Mac.



No comments: